<

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Yes, I Need Attention And Validation

Tonight's Broken Word poetry reading went alright. Kat came to support me. Glad she was there. I read just one poem, since there was a four minute limit. I brought "safe" poems to read--poems that had generated positive feedback, and one "riskky" piece, that had not received any feedback. Kat snuck a peek at the risky poem and liked it, said it was different, which is why I liked it. It was the poem I initially planned to read, but had wavered, not knowing how people may react. I read "Egyptians," the long, untested poem for Alberta Street Pub's audience tonight, and got through it. All 75 lines--mostly from memory.

I'll return next Tuesday to read some more of my poetry. It's the only way I can sit through other people's poetry, like an instant karmic payback. If I have to sit through yours, you'll sit through mine. All 75 lines.

Gloating,

Cindy

2 Comments:

Blogger Cranky Bastard said...

Well...did they swoon, gasp, snore, do the wave? Don't leave us hangin', Cindy!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Cindy St. Onge said...

They clapped. They clap for everybody; doesn't mean anything.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! Site Feed