<

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Johnny Freakin' Depp

"Do you like me now?" asks the Earl of Rochester, John Wilmot, Johnny Depp's debauched character in The Libertine.

Yes, Johnny, I like you now. There isn't a makeup artist skilled enough to make me not like you. I liked you, depraved and wicked and brilliant all the same in your character's prettier days, and I liked you still, repentant and rotting on your deathbed as the Earl. I liked your accent better in Pirates of the Caribbean, but you rocked the 17th century Brian May/Kevin DuBrow wig, dude.

I really liked your androgynous Willy Wonka, and your innocent Neverland character. I even like you in stuff I've never seen you in, because I'm sure your lips and eyes were great in those flicks too.

I didn't care for you in 21 Jump Street--just wasn't my cup of tea.

But I really do like you--pirate, writer, asshole, writer, chocolatier--whatever you wanna be, baby.



Breathily,


Cindy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could you? How could you forget Edward Scissor Hands!!? =)

8:09 PM  
Blogger Cindy St. Onge said...

...and include 21 Jump Street? D'oh!

"But I really do like you--pirate, writer, asshole, writer, chocolatier, Swiss Army Knife Man--whatever you wanna be, baby.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! Site Feed