<

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Hey--I spelled Burgeoning Right!

I'm finally addressing an increasing energy deficit and the allergies that have bothered me for the last few years. And I'm doing it naturopathically.

My chart is burgeoning, with tabs separating each of the modalities I've experienced these last three months: "Acupuncture," "Massage," "Naturopathy," "Esthetics," "Chiropractic." Except for the chiropractic adjustment, my chart is a log of wellness services had just for the pleasure and pamering of it all. Now I'm really sick, and have visions of my chart thickening into a record of my being an abyss of of lack and need.

I sat down with Dr. Ada this afternoon, seeking help for debilitating fatigue, among other things. I had complained earlier this morning to a co-worker that I thought I may have Lupus, allowing myself a little melodrama. I'm learning that in a clinical environment, I can't just blurt out symptoms for the sheer joy of complaining. I can't make a passing comment about an ache or cough or light hemorraging without being triaged by any practitioner within earshot. I received a dose of Bi Yan Pian (Chinese herbs) straight away from Natasha, my acupuncturist before Doxie (the other office admin) urged me to see one of our doctors.

So Dr. Ada started me on Auto-Inoculation for two months. I am to regularly inject myself with my own urine. Had my first shot in her office. I'm also trying a nightly castor-oil pack, vitamin B supplements, and increasing my water intake. Interestingly, I'm taking giving myself a pee shot in stride, but balking at having to drink more water.

I did feel good enough after my shot to actually have dinner tonight. Haven't felt like eating much the last few days, so this is an immediate improvement. I'm hoping that my health improves steadily in the days to come, and that my replenished energy will fuel more writing, and more frequent posts here at WLPF.

Not feeling terribly clever at the moment,

Cindy

6 Comments:

Blogger KlevaBich said...

Well, the shots certainly sound disgusting, but if it works what the hell.

I wish you all the best with this. Please keep posting, if just a paragraph or two, letting us all know if you're feeling better. I, too, have been suffering from worse fatigue than usual, and have developed an auto-immune condition that gives me the loveliest bloodshot eyes you've ever seen. The opthalmologist cheerfully told me it can be symptomatic of lupus, MS, rheumatoid arthritis, herpes, or a host of other debilitating illnesses, but then said don't worry! it's unlikely you've got any of those... Well thanks Doc, that's very reassuring! :^)

1:13 PM  
Blogger Cranky Bastard said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Cranky Bastard said...

Well, Cindy and Nancy! The crisp air of the Pacific Northwest appears to agree with both of you! Is urine considered an over-the-counter med out there, or do you need a prescription? I can't wait to hear what's in Nancy's eyedrops.

I'm considering crumbling a little feces on my frozen pizza, purely as a precautionary measure. I'm sure the aftertaste will take my mind off of any maladies I may be suffering.

Sorry to make light of your conditions. You started it!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Hannah M. said...

Get better:(

5:03 PM  
Blogger Cindy St. Onge said...

Cranky, I'm sure my urine requires a prescription, as it is loaded with psuedophedrine. Nancy, the shots aren't as disgusting as they sound. Urine, stinky as it is, is actually pretty pristine as body fluids go. Hannah, Cranky, and Nancy, thank you for your well wishes.
Nancy, I hope that whatever it is that's making you tired gets a good diagnosis and speedy treatment. I'll let you all know how well the folk remedies work.

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I know what has been making Nancy so tired recently. Me. and not fun tired. I've recently gone back to work and additionaly I've been working an odd schedule, so I haven't been holding up my part of the house stuff. My bad!
Cindi, sorry to hear about your ill health.... and the shots. That just seems SOOO wrong, but heck, if it works, who am I to say.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! Site Feed