<

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Does This Necklace
Make My Aura Look Fat?

Hi.

I guess we have some catching up to do.

Here's the deal. I've joined the religious order of Gemisphere, whose adherents manipulate their auras with the energy of therapeutic quality gemstones. These aren't the sparkly doodads you'll pick up at your local new age book store. One must arrange for a private showing, during which a variety of stones and strands are brought into the room, lain on a white cotton cloth for the client to inspect and fondle. These are hardcore rocks.

How did I fall under their spell? Our new naturopath, Ada, is a consultant for Gemisphere. So I've been seeing "gemstone consult" on the schedule for weeks wondering what the hell was going on in her office and why hadn't anyone told me about this and was Gemisphere a cult or something?

I looked over their website last weekend and decided I needed a necklace from every category:

Physical Healing & Purification
Emotional Healing & Upliftment
Karmic Healing & Resolution
Mental Clarity & Expansion
Higher Consciousness & Spiritual Awakening
Masculine and Feminine Healing & Empowerment
and Healing and Nourishing with Earth Energies

I wanted every last one of them, and some of the gems glimmered into my dreamscapes over the weekend--especially Aquamarine--the gem of illumination, said to spark creativity among other things.

I scheduled a consult with Ada and was more than a little surprised when she brought my chart in. Yes my chart--as in medical history etc. "You really need my chart? For a gemstone consult? Isn't this like a candle party or a Tupperware affair?"

Like I said, this stuff is hardcore, and Ada, a Cornell and Yale graduate, was serious in her approach as a healer--not a dealer. We talked about issues I wished to address: My overriding fear of everything, my overly critical attitude--especially about myself. We talked about my parents and the few physical ailments bothering me.

She wrote me a prescription. For jewelry.

Then she administered gemstone therapy. She would apply the Lavender Spinal Mat to align my spine, and to facilitate alignment of the subtle bodies as well, which use the spine as a freeway system for transporting lifeforce and information.

Lying on my stomach atop the massage table, I listened as she prepared, slipping a CD of ambient piano music into the CD player, and then retrieving strands of gems which clinked softly, the way smooth stones do. She placed the Lavender Spinal Mat along my spine, arranging it from the bottom of my skull to my tailbone. She also placed a citrine strand on my head, as close to my crown chakra as she could lay it without it falling off.

As all this was going on, my breath rate had accelerated noticieably. Usually my breathing slows way down when I'm lying in this position, but for some reason it had sped up. I'm not sure if it was the weight of the mat, or the introduction of additional energy into my aura. Oh god, did I just write that?

Once the gems were in place, she massaged around my vertebrae using a technique called Bowen massage. I have no idea what it is, but boy, it sure felt good. It seemed similar to VitaFlex, the technique used in my Raindrop Therapy. She pressed gently on one side, then lifted off with a sweeping motion.

An aside, what I didn't realize at the time, is that Ada is famous. She's been interviewed on 20/20, has been a gemstone consultant to Hollywood A-listers, and attended the People's Choice Awards. OK, back to my treatment.

After the massage, the good doctor had me lean against the table, standing, placing equal weight and pressure on each foot. "You'll need to stand up, just like this--with equal pressure on each foot every 30 minutes today." She explained that I didn't need to stand for any length of time, I just needed to stand up for a second or two if I'd been sitting for a half hour.

Walking felt good, really good. I felt straighter, sturdier, and ok, I'll say it--a little bouncy. Later that day I made an appointment at Gemisphere headquarters--they are based in Portland--for a private gemstone showing. I ended up getting Aquamarine for creativity, Mother of Pearl to soften my self-criticism, Opalight to help me sleep, and a Malachite sphere for meditation.
I've since acquired an Onyx necklace for grounding and focus.

The jury is still out on the overall efficacy of the stones--except for the Opalight. It makes me as sleepy as diphenhydramine does--but in about 15 minutes. The first night I wore the Opalight, I wasn't sleepy when I put it on. About ten minutes later, I had to stop whatever I was doing and hit the hay.

Be All You Can Be: The Aquamarines.


Cindy

Note: Opalight and Lavender Spinal Mat are trademarked terms. Tupperware too.

4 Comments:

Blogger annush said...

gemstone therapy? hmmmmmmm interesting.

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the Goddess St. Onge,
you are positively radiant.
Your aura shines,
pierces my darkness and leaves me
exposed as.....

9:29 AM  
Blogger Cindy St. Onge said...

...a mere mortal.

You can see my aura from there? Wow. They don't charge enough for these necklaces.

You're very sweet.

Annush--interesting doesn't even begin to describe it. It's all pretty trippy. If you're at all intrigued, check their website out from the link in my post.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Cindy St. Onge said...

MSS, I have faith in nothing, but I'll try anything once. Unless it's a sport.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! Site Feed