<

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Whohoo! I'm Queen of
the Wor--Can you Hold Please?

The slump is over.

Starting this Tuesday, I'll once again be a working stiff. It turns out that the first choice candidate--whom they hired and started training--wasn't computer good. So they emailed me--their second choice, the understudy, plan B, the other woman--with the job offer. Whatever else I accomplish or even attempt in life, I will always know that if there is no one else around, I am better than nothing.

"Cindy St. Onge, world-famous receptionist and three-time employee of the month, started out as a lowly writer." That's right folks. I've spent the last two years trying to make a living as a writer, and fifteen books of stamps, twenty essays, two newspaper commentaries, two e-zine articles, three public readings, one letter to the editor, five writing contests, and gobs of blog posts later, I've managed to work my way back to a day job.

I promise that the certainty of a paycheck won't change me. I'll still be the same ol' Cindy who screens phone messages from her own friends, the very same obsessive/compulsive agoraphobic gal who keeps a journal and notebook in every room of the house. I promise I won't forget about any of you. Just press '0' for assistance at anytime. I'll be right with you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cranky Bastard said...

Hemingway, Thompson, St. Onge. Insanity drives some to the wrong end of a gun barrel, others to a day job. A cleaner departure for sure, but every bit as poignant.

I anxiously await your commentary as you sally forth on the employment highway to hell.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Cindy St. Onge said...

"sally forth..." I like that. I must use that in something.

Believe me, there will be commentary. And swearing.

Thanks for keeping me in good company:-)

10:49 AM  
Blogger Hannah M. said...

Congratulations! money is good, even if working sucks ass.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Cindy St. Onge said...

Thank you, Hannah. Money is good indeed.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! Site Feed