<

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Will Talking to Myself Make Me Go Blind?

Heavy sigh.

It's Thursday night, and ER is a rerun. I've been eating so much sugar, that the yeast is now feeding the human. I only have one 25 mg diphenhydramine tab left, and may have to take a Nyquil gel tablet so I can sleep.

Nothing good happened today. Nothing bad happened either, but it's been just another in a long, loooong chain of airless, joyless, inconsequential, unremarkable, 24-hour square sections of the calendar. Blah blah blah.

So now what? Collapse into a drugged sleep and wake up to a day, that for all intents and purposes, never really needed to happen? A day that, except for the primetime programming, will be exactly like today, which was exactly like yesterday, which uncannily resembles the day before it? Is there a point? Is there a fucking reason to live the same goddamn day over and over and over again?

Memo to my yeast host: tomorrow I want doughnuts.

2 Comments:

Blogger JessieTYCG said...

Hey there!

Just wanted to leave you a comment to reciprocate for the kindness you showed me in letting me know that I was not just talking to myself.

Good title for your post by the way - made me laugh. Speaking of doughnuts, I could really go for a Krispy Kream right now. Those things are so friggin addicting. Chris Rock once asked in one of his stand-up routines, "If you found out that Krispy Kreams had a little bit of crack in them, would you really be surprised?" In fact, when the local Krispy Kream first opened here, they kind of acted like drug dealers. They would slip an extra doughnut in your order. "On the house!" They'd say with a knowing smile as you pulled away from the drive-through. What they were really saying is, "Tell all your friends about us you doughnut whore. We know you'll be back..."

So now I'm hooked and there needs to be a detox support group out there for us Doughnut junkies.

Stay strong and stay clean my sista!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Cindy St. Onge said...

Jessie,

Thank you for the lovely comment, and your doughnut bit just cracked me up!

I love your humor and will visit your blog for a regular chuckle:-)

Cindy

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! Site Feed