<

Thursday, April 14, 2005

It's a Jungle in Here: Part II

Ok. I'm phoning this one in because I just don't feel like writing or being existential or deep or any of that crap. And, I couldn't make the point of living authentically better than Annie Dillard has in her exquisite essay, "Living Like Weasels." So just read that and you'll get the jist of what I'm trying to get at.

It'll be my turn to mow the lawn this time. Blech. We have a big yard and tall grass.
If you can pick a breed of dog to suit your temperment, why can't you grow a grass more suited to said temperment?

I have type A personality grass, which clashes horribly with my type L (lazy) personality. I wan't a more laid back kind of grass. Something that just wont grow because it's too much trouble. A kind of lawn that could grow thick and tall if it wanted to, but just can't seem to get around to it. I want a grass that procrastinates. A grass that isn't too proud to be mediocre. I want a goalless, ambitionless grass, a phobic grass--fearful of heights. Grass: Nature's Astroturf.

I could pave everything and just let moss cover everything. Alright. I'll just mow the frickin' stuff. Dang it.

Cindy

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy St. Onge said...

Rock,

Thank you for replying and visiting my blog.
I'm happy to hear that someone has masterminded a developmentally disabled grass. It's about time.

Happy writing (and reading)!

Cindy

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! Site Feed