<

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Hallelujah, It's Raining Air!

It is so freakin' beautiful today I can hardly stand it. Just went for a walk and the air smells fantastic!

I ran into a woman this morning I had met some months ago. She is the most delightful, optomistic, sunny creature I've ever encountered, and she suffers from dementia. Well, I shouldn't say she 'suffers', she seems to be pleased about most things, most days.

She's always astounded to find herself at appointments or shoppping for groceries or whatever she's doing at the time, and accepts everything as happening in its perfect time and place. She can't remember what she said to you just a moment ago, but she lives in the present because she can't dwell on the past even if she wanted to. And when her friends see her out and about and come up to her, greeting her with wide smiles and jubilant salutations--people who call her by name though she can't remember them for the life of her-- I imagine she must feel a little famous.

Every second is a miracle to her, again and again and again.


Delighted,

Cindy

2 Comments:

Blogger KlevaBich said...

That's really sweet and puts a much better spin on what is inevitable for many of us. Thanks for sharing this!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can this woman give me one of whatever she is taking?

ooxvev

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! Site Feed