<

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Is it Too Soon to Start
Thinking About Scientology?

The Los Angeles Journal has finally published my essay, "But is it Contagious?"

They accepted it months ago, but I thought they were just blowing smoke up my ass. Imagine my surprise when looking at their online version of the new July issue, I spotted my name in the contributors section.

If you can stand to page down through an annoying PDF version of the magazine, click on the link above. I'll tell you right now, they cut my opening. They kept the ending, and I was too sick to read anything else.

I'm very pleased that my piece appears just mere pages away from an interview with Lewis Black, one of my favorite neurotic Jewish comics.

The New Yorker it ain't, but I do expect to get a few hate-emails for my heartless derision and ridicule of the hyperjokaholic Robin Williams.

Oh well, a byline is a byline, and they spelled my name right.

4 Comments:

Blogger annush said...

Congratulations...
I'm off to read THE article :)

9:16 AM  
Blogger KlevaBich said...

Congratulations! They must be working on their site or something, since every effort to get the PDF results in a "Not Found" error page... I'll keep trying!
NR

11:09 AM  
Blogger Cindy St. Onge said...

Thank you , thank you all of you.
I'm sorry the Journal's site has been down all day. I hope I didn't curse it.

If their site isn't up soon, I can post the essay here at WLPF.

5:06 PM  
Blogger T.A.N. said...

just got here via LAJ myself. seeing if anyone linked to them.

a properly spelled byline is a nice thing. hate mail is not so bad either sometimes ...

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! Site Feed