<

Monday, June 06, 2005

Was Being Destitute Really So Bad?

I don't have just one in box. I have piles of neglected paperwork decomposing all over the front desk. Stuff that someone long ago filed variously under "I can't be bothered just now" and "I ain't doin' it."

So this is how I'll earn my medium-sized bucks. Giving each and every one of these forms and invoices and receipts and whatever a proper and fitting burial. Eventually. I hope.

This is what happens when one arrives at a new position. Dealing with the baggage. Luckily, the phones aren't busy, and the appointments are spaced apart quite a length. So it's busy, yet not busy. I spend 8 hours a day, three days a week in a kind of work-momentum-middle way.

Ok, how whipped am I, so focused on my work? And it's not even my work, it's somebody else's mess, that I'm charged with. Only two weeks into the new job, and my spirit is broken. No, this can't be. Be gone diligent, ass-kissing demon thrall! The power of Christ compels you!

This is so boring. Maybe I'll post again tonight when my brain belongs once again to me, and not my employer.

At least there is a point to differentiating the days of the week now.

Thank you. Please drive through.

Cindy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, welcome to my reality!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Cindy St. Onge said...

Bourbon? Did somebody say bourbon?

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! Site Feed