<

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The Price of Enlightenment: $14. Or, $16 with a Shampoo

Well, my question has been answered. I know what it feels like to not exist.

I just got back from Great Clips for a haircut.

Ignored when I walked in, then seated in a chair still hairy from the last customer, and finally under the indifferent scissors of a surly, non-English speaking stylist, I have in fact experienced that egoless state. And belive me, when one is used to being coiffed and pampered at Aveda salons to the tune of $150, one must shed their ego completely to enter the vacuum of individuality that is Great Clips.

At my preferred salon, which is no longer within my budget
(in case that needs explaining), the receptionist and my stylist call me by name. At Great Clips, I'm the observer, the self, the soul, or in the language of Great Clips employees,"Next!" Of course, Eckart wants to know, "Who is next?

My haircut, by the way, is very Zen. It's neither good nor bad. It's just shorter. I cannot judge it, I cannot form an attachment to it, because it will just grow back anyway.

And I will have to accept that as well.

Cindy

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy St. Onge said...

Well, duh.

I used to be in the business. I knew what I was getting into. And didn't really care. Just wanted my hair cut cheap.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me! Site Feed